Tuesday, February 23, 2010

first day of fundraising.

So my first day of fundraising was AWESOME!! I raised $375 and then my $10 for a total of $385!! I'm totally excited and super motivated. I know we can do this (Steph I'm talking to you) we were meant to do this, there is a reason I am sure of it! My husband seems a little, ok so that's a total understatement, he's really skeptical, he worries about the money and the time it is going to take to prepare, and at first I was really upset and my feelings were hurt by his reaction when I came home from the get started mtg. Now that I have had some time to think about it I don't find my self getting angry about it I find myself understanding where he is coming from. It is going to take a LOT of time, a lot of preperation and money to pull this all together, even I worry about putting forth the hours and effort and still making important time for my family, which is why I have come up with the perfect solution, including them in my journey not just as supporters but as doers. If we have a car wash they come and help wash cars, what greater way to spend quality time together while raising money, lemonade stands, my kids are a heck of a lot cuter than I am and people will give way more genoursly to them :) and so on and so on, I feel good about this and I *think* once Jerry sees how much of this we CAN do as a family he will be on board.

I have started my "bows for boobs" and it seems like it is going to be a great success, i am "selling" (actually consigning) a lot at the JBF sale, if I pull in $100 from that I would be happy.

After staying up until midnight last night I certanly paid for it today and did not get enough on my to -list done, so I am off to bed so I can be more productive tomorrow. good night!!

2 comments:

  1. Your fist day of fundraising was AWESOME!!! I totally know we can do it too...not a doubt in my mind! WOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you guys are going to do awesome!!

    ReplyDelete